Order Your Copy Here
Produced in Italy in the wake of Star Wars’ phenomenal success, StarCrash (also known as The Adventures of Stella Star in overseas territories) became an international blockbuster in its own right. This 1979 film became one of New World Pictures’ biggest box-office hits. Critics might have laughed, by so did audiences, who grooved to its campy humor, wildly imaginative special effects (some of them quite good!) and non-stop adventure. Where Star Wars dared not go, StarCrash went -- at warp speed!
The lasting peace of the galaxy is threatened by the diabolical and relentless Count Zarth Arn (cult icon Joe Spinell, Rocky, The Godfather and The Godfather - Part II), who is determined to take the universe for himself and make each planet his plaything, each inhabitant his slave. There is no question that the Count is evil, given his propensity for cackling at every opportunity.
Can anyone save the universe from this megalomaniacal madman? Indeed there is, and she’s quite a beauty.
Brave, bikini-clad star warrior Stella Star (Caroline Munro, The Spy Who Loved Me, At the Earth’s Core) and her co-pilot Akton (child evangelist-turned-actor Marjoe Gortner, Food of the Gods, Mausoleum) are pressed into service to thwart the evil Zarth Arn’s plot. If they succeed, galactic peace will be achieved. If they fail, the universe will fall into decay and destruction at the hands of its sadistic new overlord.
Have no fear, because Stella Star is here!
New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1) and DTS HD 5.1 Surround Sound (Blu-ray), Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (DVD)
• Interview with writer/director Luigi Cozzi
• StarCrash: the music of John Barry, a detailed analysis of the score by
Mars of Deadhouse Music
• 2 feature-length commentaries by StarCrash historian Stephen Romano:
Commentary 1: the history of StarCrash, the making of the film and its importance in 1970s fantastic cinema.
Commentary 2: StarCrash scene-by-scene: production trivia, anecdotes and critical analysis.
• Behind-the-scenes image gallery, featuring storyboards, art, and rare, never-before-seen photos!
• Promotional art gallery, featuring photos, posters, lobby cards and early poster designs by Drew Struzan
• Fan art gallery, featuring an exclusive look at the all-new, sexy Stella Star art from fantasy illustrator Robin Greenville Evans
• Theatrical trailer with commentary by Eli Roth from Trailersfromhell.com and an all-new exclusive trailer commentary by filmmaker/editor Joe Dante!
• TV spots and radio Spots
• Interview with actress Caroline Munro (60 min.)
• 17 Deleted and alternate scenes
• The complete, original StarCrash screenplay, illustrated with original storyboards and early, full-color concept art
• Exclusive 20-minute behind-the-scenes footage reel, with commentary
• The making of the special effects of StarCrash by Armando Valcauda with exclusive, never-before-seen special-effects footage